July 27 – September 1, 2019
Opening reception Saturday, July 27, 6-9
CALLING ALL ARTISTS & ART LOVERS!
Show your art and/or your support during our 22nd Annual Members Show (it’s our biggest membership drive of the year).
It’s easy, become a member at $50 level or above ($30 for students). Artists may submit works in all media, from painting and sculpture to video and performance; it can be something old, or new, or experimental.
This year, The MAC invites artists to respond to the theme Assembly. Each year, a theme for the exhibition is selected by The MAC staff and Board of Directors. Previous themes include Δ (Delta), Trans-, Meltdown, and Border.
The Annual Members Show is one of the cornerstones of the spirit and mission of The MAC. The exhibition celebrates emerging to established artistic talent in Dallas and surrounding areas. While fostering an inclusive worldview, The MAC continues to shape perceptions and attitudes towards contemporary art on a local level by acting as a societal meeting point between artists and art patrons. The Annual Members Show provides a meeting point, a place for creative expression and experimentation, and importantly, supports our future programming.
Details on eligibility and submission requirements are outlined below.
Printable forms at bottom of this page. To expedite the check-in/drop-off process please print at home and bring a completed form.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
The exhibition is on view Saturday, July 27 through Sunday, September 1, 2019. A public opening reception will be held Saturday, July 27, 6-9 PM. The MAC is free and open to the public Wednesday through Sunday from 12-5 PM.
Drop off dates are Wednesday, July 17 through Saturday, July 20 from 12-6 PM. All entries must be received no later than Saturday, July 20 at 6 PM. Please contact The MAC to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork if these dates/times conflict with your schedule.
Pick up dates are Tuesday, September 3 through Saturday, September 7 from 12-6 PM. The MAC will send email notification after the closing of the exhibition for all works to be collected. Please see Notification and Return of Work section below.
Entrants must be or become members of The MAC at the time of submission. All persons with memberships valid through August 2019 are eligible to submit artwork. Membership applications and information about membership benefits can be found here or by contacting assistant(at)the-mac.org.
Submission of work to the exhibit indicates acceptance of conditions stated below. Each artist may submit one artwork as an individual or participate in one collaborative work. Work that does not comply with the following criteria will not be accepted. The MAC will not refund membership fees to those that have not complied with the submission requirements.
- Visual Art: 2-D and 3-D art cannot exceed 16-inches in any dimension and must be ready to install on the date of delivery. 2-D works must have sturdy hanging hardware such as d-rings or wire.
- Video Art: Videos must be single-channel and under 5 minutes in duration. All video submissions will be screened in succession on one 49” monitor.
- Performance Art / Literary Readings: Performance art and literary readings will be presented during the opening reception.
- Collaborative Works: Please contact The MAC to obtain the criteria for participation and guidelines for collaborative works.
- Dimensions of artwork, including the frame, must not exceed 16-inches in any dimension and video works must not exceed five minutes in duration.
- Work must be display ready (i.e. 2-D works must have hanging hardware, videos must be on a thumb drive). The MAC reserves the right to reject work that cannot be safely displayed.
- All works must be labeled with the following information:
- Artist’s first and last name
- Title, year completed, media, and duration for videos
- Indication of top of image if necessary for visual art
- For expedited drop off process, print at home and bring a completed Loan Form (available at bottom of this page).
Notification and Return of Work
Artwork will be available for pick up Tuesday, September 3 through Saturday, September 7 from 12-5 PM. The MAC will send email notification after the closing of the exhibition for all works to be collected.
The MAC requests that artists who sell their work as a result of the show arrange separately for the delivery of the work to the buyer.
Due to limited storage space, if your artwork remains after Saturday, September 7, The MAC is not liable for loss or damage to your work. Artworks that are not claimed by the lender within thirty (30) days of the exhibition closing (September 1, 2019) convert to an unrestricted gift to The MAC, provided The MAC has given sufficient notice to the lender of the intention to convert and provided the lender has not made an action to reclaim the loan within those thirty (30) days.
The MAC is not responsible for the loss or damage of works while in transit or works left after the required pick up date. The MAC reserves the right to reproduce images of artwork on The MAC website and in promotional materials or collateral associated with the exhibition.
LOAN FORM: MAC_LOAN-AGREEMENT_2019_Members-Show