If you are interested in becoming a year-round volunteer please get in touch with Lauren Henson at assistant (at) the-mac.org. Both weekdays and weekend opportunities are available to adults ages 18 and older.
INTERNSHIPS @The MAC!
The MAC is accepting applications for interns to assist with daily operations at The MAC’s new location in the Cedars neighborhood in Dallas. The MAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization that stands as an advocate for creative freedom, presenting visual art in all its forms. It supports emerging to established local, regional and international artists by offering the opportunity for exhibition and experimentation and by providing a forum for critical dialogue.
The MAC provides interns with meaningful opportunities in a working environment within a contemporary art setting. Interns are encouraged to expand their knowledge by working in all areas of operations. Interns will have the opportunity to develop customer service skills, learn day-to-day functions of a nonprofit art gallery, and, if applicable, get community hours or class credit. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about The MAC’s mission, with a passion for art history, non-profit work, museums studies, and/or a related field.
- Greeting visitors
- Familiarization with current and upcoming programming and individual artworks, in order to communicate with the public
- Set-up/clean-up for exhibition openings
- Assisting in the procurement of exhibition printed materials
- Communicating with artists
- Creating social media content and maintain an online presence on multiple platforms
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interest in art, art history, gallery operations, and/or nonprofit management
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Understanding or willingness to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be willing and able to promote the art and mission of The MAC in a professional manner and appearance
This position is a part-time unpaid internship.
Application Requirements: Submit a cover letter and résumé to Evan Blackwel; at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.