25th Annual Membership Exhibition
July 22nd – September 16th 2023
Opening reception Saturday, July 22,
Showing your art is easy!
- Become a member – starting at $50 ($30 for students). Join on our website or when you drop-off your art.
- Submit one artwork.
- Drop-off between June 21- July 17th.
- Bring a completed Loan Agreement form for speedy drop-off, available here.
- 2-D and 3-D art must be no greater than 18-inches in any dimension. Videos must be single-channel and under 5-minutes.
- Art must be display ready!
- Label it. Include name, title, date, medium, dimensions/duration.
- Mark your calendar! Art pick-up is from Monday, September 18th through Saturday, September 23rd from 12-5pm.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrants must be current members or be ready to join The MAC at the time of submission. Membership applications and information about membership benefits can be acquired at www.the-mac.org or by contacting email@example.com.
Member Artist Submissions & Requirements
Each artist can submit one artwork as an individual or participate in one collaborative work.
Visual Art (2-D and 3-D) cannot exceed 18-inches in any dimension and must be ready to install on the date of delivery.
All video submissions will be screened in succession on one 49” monitor. Videos may not exceed 5 minutes.
Please contact The MAC to obtain the criteria for participation and guidelines for collaborative works.
Work that does not comply with these requirements will not be accepted. The MAC will not refund membership fees to those that have not complied with the submission guidelines.
- Dimensions of artwork, including the frame, should not exceed 18-inches in any dimension and video works should not exceed five minutes in duration.
- Work must be display ready (i.e. 2-D works must have hanging hardware, videos must be on a thumb drive). The MAC reserves the right to reject work that cannot be safely displayed.
- All works must be labeled with the following information:
- Artist’s first and last name
- Title, year completed, media, and duration for video
- Indication of top of image if necessary for visual art
- Include a caption sheet with your name, address and contact information at the top left of the page. The caption sheet should include:
- Brief captions or explanatory notes of work
- Price if the work is for sale
Drop Off Dates & Deadline
Drop off dates are Wednesday, June 21st through Saturday, July 17th 12-5 PM. All entries must be received no later than Saturday, July 17th at 5 PM. Please contact The MAC to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork if these dates/times conflict with your schedule. Out of town artists are welcomed to ship their artwork to The MAC before July 17th – please include paid return shipment or make alternative arrangements for the return of your artwork.
Notification and Return of Work
Artwork will be available for pick up Monday, September 18th through Saturday, September 23rd from 12-5pm. The MAC will send email notification after the closing of the exhibition for all works to be collected.
Due to limited storage space, if your artwork remains after Saturday, September 23rd, The MAC is not liable for loss or damage to your work. Artworks that are not claimed by the lender within thirty (30) days of the exhibition closing (October 16th, 2023) convert to an unrestricted gift to The MAC, provided The MAC has given sufficient notice to the lender of the intention to convert and provided the lender has not made an action to reclaim the loan within those thirty (30) days.
The MAC is not responsible for the loss or damage of works while in transit or works left after the required pick up date. The MAC reserves the right to reproduce images of artwork on The MAC website and in promotional materials or collateral associated with the exhibition.
Submission of work to the exhibit indicates acceptance of conditions stated above.